At In The Moment Restorations we believe in the power of home, the ability of your space to make you feel safe, comfortable, and uplifted. The best part of our job is helping you make your home that place of beauty. Our services span a wide range of interior design, custom mock-ups and design services; furniture restoration, painting, custom color, and finishing; and cabinetry restoration, painting and solid coat finish. We allow you to be as much or as little a part of the process as you want.
frequently asked questions
How do I go about getting an estimate?
Take stock of your piece and read on to see what information we need and how to contact us.
Does every estimate need to be tailored to each piece?
- Yes, just like children, furniture pieces have great differences and experiences from where they have been to where they will go…we take careful consideration to make sure your piece and the process is laid out well to ensure our quality standards are met.
- There is no average or set parameters we can send you prior to knowing all the details.
What considerations go into an estimate? What can I expect to be asked?
- Furniture Piece
- Current finish
- Current color
- What color would you like it finished in?
- Where will you be using the piece?
- What type of finish are you expecting?
- Are you interested in a distressed or chippy finish?
- Are you matching this piece with any others?
How do I get the estimate after taking inventory of my piece?
What is the average length of time to complete?
Each piece is given a generous 2 to 3 week completion time from start to finish.
When can I schedule my piece?
Your piece will be scheduled once you have paid your deposit (50% of the lowest estimated amount).
How far do we schedule?
Our schedule varies based on Wisconsin seasons, but typically runs between a 6 to 12 week time period.
Are there other factors that can delay a piece?
- We are located in Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. That alone creates weather patterns and humidity not conducive to painting. We abide by a standard of guidelines tested to work well within our environment. Should weather be uncooperative and delay our current schedule, we will inform you via the contact information you provide.
- Particular components in the piece’s construction may make bleed through an issue. Rest assured we will advise you of this ahead of time and create the appropriate base to eliminate or reduce this occurance.
- Over time, smoke, heat, nicotine, polishes, and water can damage a piece. Sometimes these are immediately visible, other times they are not. We will examine your piece before we begin and alert you to any visible issues and continue to do so throughout the process should they arise.
What if my piece is damaged?
Often times, we can fix the damage to a finely constructed piece of furniture or help you transform it into something new. This falls under our design services category as well. Continue on with the FAQs and mention this to us prior to your estimate.
Do you deliver or do I pick up and drop off?
The option is yours; we provide both a delivery and pick up service if needed. Should you require one or both, please let us know and that can easily be added to your invoice.
When can I start using my piece?
- The general rule is 30 days for any water-based paint to cure; meaning avoiding wear and use during that time is critical to it curing correctly and protecting the longevity of its finish.
- Should you request a custom mix or alternate paint finish, you may be advised of an up to 90-day cure time.
How accurate are your estimates?
We factor in both time and product to finish your piece. With that and our experience, we also know that each piece varies, creating a range in which we typically reside. Therefore, we will give you a broad estimate with both a low and high end and inform you ahead of time should we anticipate exceeding that.
I am ready to move forward, now what?